Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: What's wrong with this picture?

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member
    What's wrong with this picture?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    What's wrong with this picture?

    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2009
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What's wrong with this picture?

    Terminal posts missing?

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What's wrong with this picture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    Terminal posts missing?
    803B's aren't 12 inch drivers. He calls them 806's in the body of the auction. I saw these the other day. I was tempted to send him a message, but decided against it. So often when I try to help sellers they get belligerent, or simply say "Thank You" and do nothing. Once in a while, I get a seller that appreciates it.

    All I can figure is that they either got the wrong tags from Altec years ago, or someone added the motor covers sourced from a pair of 803B's.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    What's wrong with this picture?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: What's wrong with this picture?

    Right-they are 414's.

    He has two pairs labeled like that. Either a new employee or it was a Monday morning.

    806 was likely the HF driver.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: What's wrong with this picture?

    I can't believe I missed that. I have the complete Altec catalog and use to be a dealer.
    ................. and i have some prime lakefront real estate in Uzbekistan.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  6. #6
    HB Super Moderator
    What's wrong with this picture?


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: What's wrong with this picture?

    Quote:
    I can't believe I missed that. I have the complete Altec catalog and use to be a dealer.
    And I would say not much of a dealer at that.Especially looking at it in hand.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What's wrong with this picture?

    He didn't say what kind of a dealer, coulda been cars, cards,...

    Somewhere there's a pair of 803s with their fannys hangin' out...
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  8. #8
    HB Super Moderator
    What's wrong with this picture?


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: What's wrong with this picture?

    Quote Originally Posted by bfish View Post
    Somewhere there's a pair of 803s with their fannys hangin' out...

    Or in disguise, as a pair of 414's

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member just me now's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    230
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What's wrong with this picture?

    stuff like this is just cool.... in my opinion...

    reminds me of the human factor involved...
    .........................
    dave's not hear

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner tomt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2003
    Posts
    5,483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: What's wrong with this picture?

    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie427ss View Post

    ................. and i have some prime lakefront real estate in Uzbekistan.
    The Aral Sea ?

    aral3


    aral1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.